Frequently Asked Questions

Do you cover learner drivers?

Yes! Click4GAP policies do cover provisional drivers. As long as the provisional licence holder is comprehensively insured to drive the car, either as the policy holder or a named driver, the GAP insurance would still be valid.

Any named driver on your comprehensive motor insurance policy would be covered by your Click4GAP policy.

At Click4GAP, our experience and that of the underwriter means we are able to write policy terms that are clear and uncomplicated. Therefore our terms simply state there must be a valid and in force comprehensive motor insurance policy covering the vehicle against accident, fire or theft as at the date of loss which was entered into between you and a registered motor insurer or a valid and in force comprehensive motor insurance policy, issued by a registered motor insurer, in which you are a named driver.

To clarify, a provisional licence would be considered a "valid licence" and would not preclude the holder from cover.

If the provisional driver will be driving your car and a GAP policy is already in place you do not need to pay any additional premium to ourselves.


use code MOB25