Frequently Asked Questions

I bought my car from a private individual, can I still have GAP insurance?

Absolutely! If you didn’t purchase your car from a dealership, but a private individual instead and therefore do not have a VAT invoice, we can still offer you a Return to Invoice policy.

Return to Invoice (RTI) is suitable for cars purchased either privately or through a trade entity and would pay the difference between the motor insurer’s settlement and the purchase price of your car. RTI cover is available if you purchased your car within the last 90 days.

If you need to make a claim, and you are unable to supply a copy of the purchase invoice then it’s not a problem.

If you didn’t purchase your car from a VAT registered dealer, we are required to check the value against an independent valuation service.

As with most motor insurers, we would refer to Glass’s guide Valuation service for this. Glass’s Guide was launched in 1933 and has been the industry’s leading vehicle valuation guide for over 80 years, for third party valuation.

It allows us to get an accurate valuation for your car from when it was purchased.

As both your motor insurer and Click4GAP use the same independent valuation system, you can rely on the fact that depreciation will have been monitored and recorded accurately and reliably.


use code MOB25